West Feliciana

Feliciana Parish was one of two 19th-century Louisiana parishes to be divided into East and West, the other being Carroll Parish.

West Feliciana Parish is part of the Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Metropolitan Statistical Area.

 

Following the founding of the Bayou Sara settlement by Franciscan/Capuchin monks in the late 17th century, the area was explored further by Spain, France, and Great Britain. The original settlement has been covered over by waters of the Mississippi River, which shifted course.

After 1763, when France was defeated by Britain in the Seven Years' War, it ceded this part of La Louisiane to Great Britain, which included it in its West Florida province. Spain gained control of the area in about 1780 – during the American Revolutionary War – and maintained its authority in the area for the next three decades.

Search West Feliciana Homes for Sale

All property information that displays the Broker Exchange Icon is copyrighted and provided from the Greater Baton Rouge Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service ©2017. All rights reserved. All BX provided content on this Web Site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, is protected by copyrights, trademarks or service marks and other intellectual property rights which are owned and controlled by GBRMLS, or by third party content providers, (collectively "Providers") that have licensed their content or the right to market their products and/or services to GBRMLS, Inc. Content on this Web Site or controlled by the Providers is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Such content may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed and/or exploited in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means for commercial use.

Today's Market Trends for West Feliciana *

$737,880

0.04%

$209.0000

0.02%

51

0.11%

November

October

 

46

43

 

 

0.07%

-0.04%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable

* All data pertains to single-family homes